Health

Chick-fil-A Staff Immediately Rescues Choking Child in the Drive-Thru Line

A Chick-fil-A employee, Zack Kokenzie, rushed to rescue a choking boy from a vehicle in a drive-thru line.

A Chick-fil-A staff came to the rescue when a child choked in the drive-thru line in Georgia. It happened Monday last week on Chick-fil-A Manchester Expressway’s drive-thru.

“Cowboy” to the Rescue

According to a Facebook post from the establishment, their employee, Zack “Cowboy” Kokenzie, saved the life of a choking child in a drive-thru line just after lunch. In telling the incident, Kokenzie heard frantic cries coming from an SUV outside the drive-thru window. A man rushed to the back to attend to the child at the rear seat of the SUV.

https://www.facebook.com/CFAManchester/photos/a.1218165451646421/3183599511769662

Kokenzie immediately responded to the distressed calls as the father and another customer attempted to free a choking child from the back row. The cries actually came from the other children in the vehicle. Apparently, the seat belt had the child’s windpipe wrapped, making the child choke. A fellow employed handed out a pair of scissors to Kokenzie. He then calmly freed the boy from the seatbelt in seconds.

‘Quick Thinking’

“Zack and our team acted quickly in rescuing a child from a life-threatening situation,” store owner and operator Alex Vann said in a statement. Vann also acknowledged the efforts of the staff for their “quick thinking and quick responses.”

The Facebook post also mentioned that Kokenzie also used to be an Eagle Scout and CPR-certified. The restaurant’s post commended Kokenzie for being prepared, a reference to the Boy Scout Motto.

“This could have been far worse,” Vann said. “But Zack and others were in the right place, with the right training and the right attitude to potentially save the life of one of our customers.”

A Similar Story

Notably, another similar event had occurred where a Chick-fil-A manager came to the rescue. More than a year ago, a six-year-old boy got choked from a seatbelt, too. The Chick-fil-A employee, 19-year-old Logan Simmons, attended immediately to rescue the child by leaping through the drive-thru window. Simmons used a pocket knife to set the boy free from the belt.

“As soon as I realized what was going on, all I could think about was getting to the car as quickly as possible,” Simmons explained to USA Today about his jumping-on-the-window response.

Laura Kent

Laura has always been a team player who keeps the entire team of Feed Voice together. She is a crucial contributor for this news platform who covers everything that one needs to know about the Cannabis industry.
Back to top button