E-commerce or electronic commerce is a way to do business over the internet. With the digitalization of the world, the E-commerce industry is growing rapidly, and it is expected to grow even more in the year 2021. All the past trends and forecasting indicates that 2021 will probably be the best year for the e-commerce industry. Here are some of the trends that we can expect this year:
The rise in voice commerce
It has been observed that there is an increased reliance on voice assistance such as Google Home with Google Assistant and Amazon Echo with Alexa. In the coming few years it is expected that most of the houses will have such voice assistants. Growing convenience and accuracy is also another reason why people are reclined towards this technology. Here are some ways to prepare your website for voice queries:
- Start offering voice navigation service on your mobile application and website
- Make sure that your products can be easily purchased via voice commands
- You should optimize the content on your website to increase its chances of appearing in voice-based searches.
Omnichannel retailing means to provide the viewers with a consistent and seamless experience across various devices and channels. With the help of tools such as Finteza, you can get detailed eCommerce analytics, which will help identify the customers’ behavior. Analytics tools will help you to know about the products that have high demand. These insights will allow you to offer products that are highly demanded. Here are some tips that will help you to offer a consistent omnichannel experience:
- Personalize and customize the consumer experience wherever possible
- Optimize your site for mobile. Creating a mobile application will also prove fruitful.
- Try to offer varied purchase options like buy online and pick up in-store, buy online, and get home delivery or buy in-store and get home delivery.
New payment options
The payment option is what attracts the customers the most and makes them stick to a particular brand. If a customer doesn’t get a payment option, they will start browsing another website. Most e-commerce enterprises like https://www.firstcom.com.sg/services/ecommerce are currently accepting digital wallets such as PayPal, Google pay, Apple Pay, Amazon Pay, and credit and debit cards. In this year, we can expect e-commerce websites might start accepting cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin.
Domination of Mobile commerce
The world has noticed an increase in the confidence of customers in online shopping through their mobile.
A mobile-friendly website is very important, most of the customers end up leaving the products in the cart just because the user experience of the website wasn’t good. Thus to increase the sales and the traffic to your website you must focus on mobile eCommerce. Here are some tips that will prove helpful:
- Use Google’s mobile-friendly test to check the mobile-friendliness of your website and then make changes accordingly.
- Make sure that the payment process works smoothly on the mobile.
- Test your site on mobile yourself to see if it’s easy to navigate or is there any option to zoom, etc.
Improvement in visual commerce
Visual commerce not only means images on product pages but also I’m the entire store to make the site more engaging. Big e-commerce retailers have already started using visual commerce to persuade viewers to purchase their products. High-quality images are essential for visual e-commerce. Here are some tips that will help you:
- Improve the quality and the loading speed of images on your website.
- Try to create a 360-degree video or image of the most demanded product listed on your website.
- Build a good visual search tool that will allow the customers to search with the help of images
- Invest in creating visual shopping ads on Facebook or Pinterest to boost sales and drive traffic to your site.
If you are planning to take your business online 2021 is the best year to do so. If you already own an e-commerce business, then make sure to upgrade to these latest trends that will surely dominate this year. Omnichannel shopping, voice commerce, visual commerce will be prevalent. Dynamic pricing is always a good way to attract new customers; thus, more and more businesses will start accepting cryptocurrency to boost their sales.